Coconut oil has been getting a lot of buzz recently, and when you look at all its different uses and benefits, there’s no wonder why! Coconut oil can be utilized for a variety of home and health situations – but did you also know it can be used on small pets to help their dry skin, digestive systems and much more?
Coconut oil contains Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT), naturally occurring saturated fats that have a host of health benefits for small animals. MCTs are easily digested, absorbed and used to nourish and improve skin appearance and your pet’s overall health. Let’s explore six amazing reasons your pet can benefit from MCT-rich coconut oil being added to their daily life!
Coconut oil works wonders on a pet with dry, irritated skin!
- It can help clear up skin conditions such as eczema and itchy skin. Coconut oil has antiviral, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiprotozoal properties. This aids dry skin by reducing yeast and fungus on contact, both inside and out!
- It reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health. Coconut oil contains lauric acid, one of the main “super ingredients,” which contains anti-virus, anti-yeast, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that clear up allergic reactions fast.
- It can help to heal cuts and wounds quickly and effectively. Coconut oil’s medium-chain fatty acids fight parasites, yeasts, fungi and bacteria, making it the perfect at-home remedy for dressing cuts or wounds of every description.
Digestive System Support
Coconut oil’s benefits do not stop here!
- Coconut oil can improve nutrient absorption and digestion. The lauric acid coconut oil contains is a healthy fat that is easily digestible and helps the body to absorb vitamins and nutrients from food more efficiently. If coconut oil is part of your pet’s everyday diet, they will absorb more nutrients from the foods they eat!
- It keeps parasites, fungi and bad bacteria at bay. Lauric acid obviously has many roles in coconut oil, one of which is breaking down the cellular wall of parasites, fungi and bad bacteria in your pet’s intestines and stomach, which will result in less bloating and indigestion!
- It helps to heal digestive disorders. The natural anti-inflammatory properties that coconut oil possesses help to prevent chronic inflammation and heal injuries in the digestive tract. In addition, the medium-chain fatty acids prevent strain on the digestive tract.
The Bottom Line
Using coconut oil for your small animals will keep them healthy and happy. We have several products that contain coconut oil for you to shop right now so you can watch them change for the better right before your eyes!